On the occasion of the official holiday of Elementary School “St. St. Cyril and Methodius” in Samokov, on 3 May 2017 in” Sarafska House”, a celebration for awarding honors to prominent students during the school year 2016 – 2017 was held.
The school’s history began in the distant 1800 when Metropolitan Philotheus, with his own funds, built in the yard of the Metropolis its first building. The literary man and educator, Neofit Rilski, taught there from 1826 to 1831. Its graduates are Zachary Zograf, Nikola Tunjarov, Dimiter Smrikarov, Zachary Krusha.